Layering necklaces is a great way to change up your look and add personality to an otherwise simple outfit. I’ve built up quite a necklace collection over the years, collecting pieces from all my favourite brands; Daisy London & Alighieri Jewellery for classic necklaces made for layering, Vintage Chanel to make a statement and Roxanne First to inject some colour and a lot of fun. Play around with your current collection and see what you’re missing to create the dream necklace combination.
A few tips on how to layer your necklaces-
1. Wear 2-4 necklaces- any more and it can start to look untidy and they can get easily tangled with each other.
2. Layer different lengths- the key to the ultimate layering is to have gaps between chains.
3. Mix and match chain styles- layer delicate necklaces with chunky chains to keep it interesting.
4. Have a focal point- a coin necklace is a good place to start, then add on a choker or snake chain.
5. Stick with the same metals- when it comes to necklaces I tend to go for Gold pieces and add in some coloured pieces with beads or pearls to inject some personality.